Social media has turned into a powerful tool in more recent years. From platforms created to showcase your talent or share advice to those that allow you to let your followers into your life. There are several apps people are using right now: Twitter, Tumblr, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat find themselves among the most popular ones. But the truth is you can use social media for much more than posting videos, photos, and memes. Plenty of business coaches and experts have recently talked about how social media can help grow your business.
Most of us spend a significant amount of hours scrolling through social media. We take a few minutes out of our morning to relax in bed or with a coffee cup to read or watch the news through tweets, Facebook shares, or TikTok videos. Or we spend those minutes at night before our bedtime unwinding from work looking at the funniest tweets, the best memes, and trying to decipher the newest TikTok challenge. Whatever the case may be, if you look at the “Screen Time” setting on your phone, you will realize how many hours you genuinely spend on social media. It is okay, we all spend a crazy amount of time on these apps because we find an escape to reality, a solace.
As a social media user, you realize how many times, while scrolling through your phone, you come across advertisements for different businesses. The launch of a new product, a promo they are having, or the rebranding of their company. Now, as a business owner, this is something you can use to your advantage. Knowing how to use social media properly will help your audience grow. Therefore your business will grow, and you will sell more of your products or services. The catch is that not everyone is tech-savvy and knows how to use the appropriate hashtags, come up with creative captions, film reels, and do Twitter polls. Lucky for them, there are business coaches who specialize in the use of social media and can help come up with the perfect strategy for business growth.
One of those up-and-coming business coaches specialized in social media is Avery Campbell from Royal Rose University. Campbell is an experienced business owner, entrepreneur, and author who now works as a business coach helping black and queer business owners make money through social media. Although he does one-on-one coaching, he shares tips and gives excellent advice on his business and personal social media. Some, like his grandma, say he is giving away too much free information, but the truth is he is simply trying to get businesses on track because he understands the hardships and the hustle.
Setting up a good and professional-looking social media account guarantees more people will want to do business with you. You need to understand which parts of social media to take advantage of to show up in people’s feeds, for you pages, and ads suggestions. “Social Media is where the money is,” says Campbell. “There’s almost four billion people active on social media, which is more than half of the world’s population. There’s no way you shouldn’t be making money off it, but you must do it right.”
But what does doing it right mean? This business coach starts you off by suggesting you do not promote yourself or your product in every post, you post content your audience cares about, and you stop focusing on getting new followers but instead nurture the ones you already have. And to get the traction you desire to your posts modernpropertysolutions, there are five other essential steps Avery Campbell suggests:
- Hashtags: “You need to be using hashtags on every post and at least 11-30 of them for effective reach. Keep them as specific as possible. Your hashtags should reflect what your target audience would be searching for to find you.”
- Email list: “Your email list will always be your bread and butter. They are the customers that believe in you so much that they want to be constantly updated with your business. Even if you provide a service, your website should have a place where clients can sign up to join the list. You can provide discounts, tips, and exclusive services.”
- Content planning: It is essential to plan your content ahead of time if you hit a roadblock. Sit down weeks in advance and begin planning day-to-day what you will post on every account you have. Use different apps to schedule the posting time of your content, so you do not have to worry about being online 24/7. “You all know creating content takes time. Download Later, Tailwind, Buffer, or Planoly to make posting content that much easier.”
- Writing captions: “The perfect caption formula: Attention-grabber + problem your target audience faces + relatable experience + solution + call to action = engagement and leads.”
- Being social: “If you’re only engaging with folks on your posts, you’re doing IG wrong. Your target audience will immediately find your page in a perfect world and start buying and booking your services. However, it is not a perfect world, and IG requires you to put in the work. Sometimes, you must go looking for your customers.”
From experience, you know social media is helpful to put the word out there and get users to see other people’s content. So, why not take advantage of this for your business? The right social media strategy and knowledge can help lead your business to success. The bottom line is social media can help grow your business.